Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reset.

September 1st has arrived, as expected, and that means I have to hit the 'reset' button on life.  I promised myself that I would, but seem to be a little hesitant in doing so.  I guess the first big step was saying goodbye, and moving into a new place.  Check.  Now that that is done, I have the joy of unpacking everything that I just packed up, not just 7 days ago.  Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing, it's just that now reality is finally sinking in.  


Up until this point, it all felt like just a dream - a vacation, that was filled with minor Reno's, packing, moving and now unpacking.  I've now realized that it was not a dream; not a vacation.  Sitting here, in my somewhat empty living room I'm constantly reminded of the years spent in what I can now classify as a void.  This void lasted a very long time, and I'm actually quite surprised that I have pulled myself out, and am still breathing.  It's hard, but still breathing; still standing.


I have decided to start living life a little different now.  Not too sure what this will entail, but it will be completely different than the last few years of my life.  I hope to learn lots, travel and see the world and spend time with friends and family in the way that friends and family should spend time together.  




Let us put on another pot of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment